The highly anticipated DREAM press conference has wrapped up and here’s what we took away from it.
- As we previously reported, Pierre Andurand and GLORY Sports International are bankrolling the show.
- GLORY hope to hold ten events in Japan next year, though no mention of how many will be MMA and how many will be Kickboxing.
- Dream.18 ~ New Year’s Eve Special ~ will bring back the high production value that DREAM originally had.
- Bas Boon basically set the whole deal to hold a NYE show up.
- FEG have no involvement at all.
- Dream.18 aims to have 13 fights, 10 MMA and 3 Kickboxing.
- Bas said he would like to carry on the tradition of having a Kickboxer take on an MMA fight.
- Satoru Kitaoka, Hiroyuki Takaya and Tatsuya Kawajiri are the only confirmed fighters so far.
- Dream.18 ~ New Year’s Eve Special ~ will be held at the Saitama Super Arena.
This entry was posted on Thursday, October 25th, 2012 at 11:59 am and is filed under Other. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.